Our friends over at Wisconsin from Scratch were recently on Tastespotting with one of their recipes for Honey Apple French Toast. We're eager to try out their french toast (I mean, who doesn't love marscapone?) but stumbled across another of their recent posts for Agua Fresca with Cantaloupe, Honey, and Mint. So we decided to use up the rest of our fresh cantaloupe and try it out.
- ½ c water
- ½ c honey
- 4 c (about 2 lbs) cantaloupe cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ c fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- sparkling water or club soda
- mint sprigs for garnish
2. Combine honey syrup, cantaloupe, lime juice, mint leaves, and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
3. Using a fine meshed sieve or a piece of cheesecloth, strain the cantaloupe mixture into another container. Discard solids. You should end up with about 2 cups of liquid.
4. In each glass, pour ½ c of the cantaloupe juice over ice. Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water or club soda and stir to mix. Alternately, you can mix equal parts cantaloupe juice and sparkling water in a pitcher with ice and pour into glasses as needed. Garnish with a mint sprig and enjoy!